Kenneth W. “K3” Sturgill Memorial PJOC/APJOC Scholarship covers the activity attendance fee
to attend the Civil Air Patrol Pararescue & Survival Orientation Course (PJOC) or Advanced Pararescue & Survival Orientation Course (APJOC).
Civil Air Patrol Pararescue & Survival Orientation Course (PJOC) and Advanced Pararescue & Survival Orientation Course (APJOC) are grueling courses and very physically challenging activities. Cadet applicants need to be able to:
- Work well in a team environment
- Be in very good physical condition
- The applicant will provide a written essay that includes:
- What is your motivation (why) behind your wish to attend PJOC/APJOC?
- What do you hope to gain personally from your experience from PJOC/APJOC?
- What are your future career goals and personal aspirations?
- A letter of recommendation from an adult who is not related to the applicant.
- The applicant’s most recent CAP PT scores the November of the year of the application, sent by the applicant’s Squadron Commander with a statement of confidence in applicant’s ability to successfully complete the course.
Email your application packet to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for this scholarship application is 31 December. Should the recipient of the scholarship not be accepted to CAP-PJOC or he/she not be able to attend the course, the scholarship will be rescinded. Payment for the scholarship will be made directly to National Headquarters, Civil Air Patrol on behalf of the recipient.